Sunday, May 10, 2009

To Say Thanks, and a Progress Report

As most of you know by now, or have figured out, I found out a little over a week ago that my position at work has been eliminated due to a restructuring associated with my company's merger. My last day will be June 30th.

Since then, I have received so many messages of encouragement and love from my friends. Comments left here, things posted on my Facebook page, sweet words shared in person and through beautiful cards when the words were difficult to voice.

And so, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks, for all your wonderful words and the many prayers you've offered up on my behalf. I feel so very blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful friends.

At this point, I've been working with a career consulting group for the past week. My company contracts with them to help employees through this time of transition. I have no doubts that my efforts will pay off and the right opportunity will come along. I fully trust that God has a plan for me, and that we will get through this.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. I will definitely keep you posted as to how this latest part of my journey through life progresses. And keep up the good thoughts and prayers - I might be optimistic, but I can still use all the help you can spare!!

In the interest of networking and helping to get myself out there...
  • I am on LinkedIn - if you are too, look me up and help me network!
  • I am still sorting out exactly what direction I want to take for my next position, but I do know that it will be scientifically minded, either in chemicals or pharmaceuticals. If you, or someone you know, works in the chemicals / pharma / biotech industries anywhere in eastern PA, please get in touch with me. I am interested in expanding my network and learning about any positions that may be out there for me.
  • I learned this week that at least 75% of all positions are obtained through networking rather than advertised positions, so - here I am to network!!

Thanks again for all your support and kind words!!

8 comments:

Melb. said...

Still praying for you. I am proud of you!

Rollie said...

I love that you are finding your inner self thru this, I always knew you were a strong woman! Keeping you in my thoughts!!

Marlooney said...

You go, girl! I always say that when one door closes, another opens.

Jen said...

Just because you don't know the plan, doesn't mean there isn't one. But Oh...how you hate that!! LOL! Love yoU!

Julie said...

Just followed you from Nate's comments. My two cents is it IS hard on my eyes--the light text on dark background. I think it would be much easier on my eyeballs if you reversed it and had a light yellow background with blue text.

Just an FYI from a cyber stranger!! :)

Mel said...

Where are youuuuuuuu?????

KB said...

Keeping you in my thoughts!

Mel said...

Update this blog! I find it hard to believe that you don't have anything to say!! Your Good Friend Mel.