Thursday, February 19, 2009

This is why I play The Drugstore Game,

I paid $12 for $66 worth of merchandise at CVS. And it was completely LEGAL.

I'm so excited that I don't even want to take the time to get a picture of my pile. So here's a visual description for you - my receipt was ~5 FEET long. From the floor, the top of it was just above my shoulder!!!

So, what all did I get and how did I do it?
  • Certain Suave products were on sale for $2 each, and if you bought $6 worth, you got $2 back in ECB. I also had 2 Q's - $1 and 50 cents. So, each bottle was less than $1!!
  • Colgate Total Advance toothpaste - the 4 oz tube - was on sale for $2.99, and you got $2.99 back in ECB, making it FREE. There was a limit of 2. I had 2 Q's for $1 each, so I actually MADE MONEY on this deal.
  • Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner was on sale for $2.99 each, and I had 2 Q's that were for $3 off 2 bottles. So, 4 bottles = $11.96, minus $6 in Q's = $5.96, or ~$1.50 per bottle.
  • Gillette shampoo products for men wereon sale fo $4.99, and you got $3 ECB back with a limit of 5 bottles. I had 4 Q's for $1 each, so I got 4 bottles for 99 cents each!!
  • Certain Gillette razors were on sale for $7.99, and you got $4 ECB back. I had a $4 Q for the Gillette Fusion series, so I got a razor for FREE. Did this same deal last week, too.
  • Kleenex tissues were on sale Buy 1, Get 1 for a Penny. This deal was on the 110 ct package. I had a Q for $1 off 4. The tissues were $1.49 each, so with the sale I got 4 boxes for $3, minus the Q = 50 cents per box!!!
  • I had a Q for a free (up to $3.99 value) tube of Crest Weekly Clean. It's a new product that is designed to polish your teeth more like what the dentist's cleaning equipment can do. Anyway, CVS had it for $4.49, so I got it for 50 cents!
  • I got a few other items, not necessarily on sale but that caugh my eye.

So, the total after sales and before taxes was ~$66. I had $26.50 in Q's, and I got $28 back in ECB's. That means I got $66 worth of stuff for $12, with rounding of course :)

I love The Drugstore Game, especially when I can keep up with it like this!! I love to get stuff for FREE, but I get really excited when I can make something cost less than $1 - it's almost as good as free!

You might be asking what I do with my STASH. Well, we do use quite a bit of the stuff. But, I do like to donate it or give it away when I can. For instance, a coworker of mine belongs to a motorcyle group that is making a trip down to Walter Reed in two weeks. They are asking for donations for the troops, so I will be sendng in a large portion of my stockpile of shampoo and toothpaste. There's really only so much toothpaste two people can use, and this way it is going to a very good cause.

Ahh, I love a good deal!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

have you used your extra bucks yet???

Melb. said...

UPDATE THIS BLOG!!!!

Leslie said...

Laurel,
That is exactly why Jeremy hates spaghetti :) There were four boys and if his step brothers and sister came over, 7 kids total! Jer's step father was paying child support for his three, Jer's mom wasn't getting anything most of the time for Jer and his two brother's and then Jer had a step brother who's Mom abandoned them. They struggled and spaghetti was filling and cheap. Jer swears they would eat it more than once a week sometimes, his Mom would just use a different type of noodle! LOL Honestly, he just didn't like her spaghetti. I have found a sauce that he likes and I add lots of meat and doctor things up and he loves it. Well, maybe not LOVES it but he can eat it every once in awhile at least :)

Have a great day :)

Leslie