I'm so excited that I don't even want to take the time to get a picture of my pile. So here's a visual description for you - my receipt was ~5 FEET long. From the floor, the top of it was just above my shoulder!!!
So, what all did I get and how did I do it?
- Certain Suave products were on sale for $2 each, and if you bought $6 worth, you got $2 back in ECB. I also had 2 Q's - $1 and 50 cents. So, each bottle was less than $1!!
- Colgate Total Advance toothpaste - the 4 oz tube - was on sale for $2.99, and you got $2.99 back in ECB, making it FREE. There was a limit of 2. I had 2 Q's for $1 each, so I actually MADE MONEY on this deal.
- Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner was on sale for $2.99 each, and I had 2 Q's that were for $3 off 2 bottles. So, 4 bottles = $11.96, minus $6 in Q's = $5.96, or ~$1.50 per bottle.
- Gillette shampoo products for men wereon sale fo $4.99, and you got $3 ECB back with a limit of 5 bottles. I had 4 Q's for $1 each, so I got 4 bottles for 99 cents each!!
- Certain Gillette razors were on sale for $7.99, and you got $4 ECB back. I had a $4 Q for the Gillette Fusion series, so I got a razor for FREE. Did this same deal last week, too.
- Kleenex tissues were on sale Buy 1, Get 1 for a Penny. This deal was on the 110 ct package. I had a Q for $1 off 4. The tissues were $1.49 each, so with the sale I got 4 boxes for $3, minus the Q = 50 cents per box!!!
- I had a Q for a free (up to $3.99 value) tube of Crest Weekly Clean. It's a new product that is designed to polish your teeth more like what the dentist's cleaning equipment can do. Anyway, CVS had it for $4.49, so I got it for 50 cents!
- I got a few other items, not necessarily on sale but that caugh my eye.
So, the total after sales and before taxes was ~$66. I had $26.50 in Q's, and I got $28 back in ECB's. That means I got $66 worth of stuff for $12, with rounding of course :)
I love The Drugstore Game, especially when I can keep up with it like this!! I love to get stuff for FREE, but I get really excited when I can make something cost less than $1 - it's almost as good as free!
You might be asking what I do with my STASH. Well, we do use quite a bit of the stuff. But, I do like to donate it or give it away when I can. For instance, a coworker of mine belongs to a motorcyle group that is making a trip down to Walter Reed in two weeks. They are asking for donations for the troops, so I will be sendng in a large portion of my stockpile of shampoo and toothpaste. There's really only so much toothpaste two people can use, and this way it is going to a very good cause.
Ahh, I love a good deal!!