Saturday, January 3, 2009

What I've Been Up To

Also known as, The List of Topics I Want to Expand Upon.

Basically, this is a quick overview of what I've been up to over the past couple weeks and an inventory of topics I want to cover in blog posts over the next few days.

  • Work was insanely busy in the last week before Christmas. I had oodles of stuff to finish before leaving for 14+ days away from the lab. The good news is that I was able to get most of it done. The bad news is that recent events have significantly increased the tension surrounding the acquisition of the company I work for. The next few weeks will be very interesting, to say the least.
  • On the home front, the "short month" between Thanksgiving and Christmas forced me to prioritize the Christmas preparations. The to-do list for baking was dramatically shortened, and the decorations were kept to a minimum.
  • We spent a day with Shawn's parents on December 22 to celebrate Christmas with them. It was a very nice time, and we were glad to have made the visit.
  • We headed up to the Poconos on December 23 and were there until January 1. We had an good time up there and got to spend time with family and friends, which is always nice. It wasn't all fun, though - we had a 30 yard dumpster to fill while we were there, which will be the subject of its very own post.

Since we've been back here in S-ville, it's been a time to catch up, regroup and clean up. We brought back mountains of laundry (even though I washed 3 loads up there!), and we didn't exactly leave the house in pristine condition when we headed north. So, we've spent some time cleaning up. Ran some errands yesterday, too, which was good. Well, except for the snow squall and stupid drivers. It was definitely a good idea to have these 3 or so days to catch up before I have to head back to work on Monday. Yep, that's right - I took Friday (yesterday) off from work. Seemed kinda silly to go back for 1 day.

So, that's the scoop. Check back for the expanded version of these stories, because it would have been too much of a novel to include them all in this post.

1 comment: