Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beware the Penguins!!


The Wilkes Barre - Scranton Penguins, that is!


While we were up in the Poconos over the holidays, Shawn and I took an evening for ourselves and went to Wilkes Barre to see the AHL Penguins team play. We are fans of the "big Pens" and thought it might be fun to see the "baby Pens" in action.

No hockey game is complete without a zamboni, and no team is complete without a mascot.

What team were they playing? Why, the Philadelphia Phantoms - the "baby Flyers," if you will. That made the game all the sweeter since we are NOT fans of the Philadelphia sports teams.

The icing on that sweet cake?
The final score. 6 - 4 in our favor.
Let's go Pens!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Looks like fun. I miss hockey games!

Leslie said...

Hi, Laurel. I just wanted to respond to the comment you left on my blog :)

I, too, have said for some time that they need a class like you mentioned! Instead of sticking us in say study hall or what not, make up a Life Skills class. How many people today don't know how to wash their own laundry or cook or do basic repairs let alone manage a check book! That would be one very beneficial class...one that you would use the rest of your life!

Have a great weekend :)

Leslie

BTW~My brother and SIL live in Archbald....are you anywhere near there? When I sat the Wilke-Barre post, I wondered :)

Melb. said...

If you are NOT fans of any Philly teams who ARE you fans of besides the Penguins?