Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Full Plate

"My plate is so full these days."

A much nicer way of saying, "The amount of stress and general CRAP in my life is out of control!" I never meant for this blog to be such a bitch-fest, but it seems like a good place for me to vent.
  • I've been sick since the week of Thanksgiving. Hit it's worst last week. I mean, we're talking, head pounding congestion, blowing yellow wonderfulness from my nose and coughing up gobs of yuckies. Yeah, I know - TMI. Welcome to my world. Thought I was on the up-swing this past Saturday, but that didn't last long. Went to the Doc on Monday and got me some antibiotics for a sinus infection. Thank God he gave me cough medicine with codeine to help me sleep. I needed it last night.... oy. I've had sinus infections before, but this one has really kicked my ass.
  • The stress levels at work have been extremely high since mid-November, and they aren't getting lower any time soon. We just got a form this week to fill out - Employee Profile, it's called. Basically, it's a resume-type of thing. An attempt to justify your existence and why you should remain in the company after the acquisition. Everyone is on edge and just hoping for the best, or at least to still have a job in January. Morale is at an all-time low, and it's just miserable. We had a telecon today that I thought might be informative... umm, NO. In fact, I walked away feeling like I had wasted my time and feeling very pissed off. It's really not professional for the Way High Ups to **laugh** when they are delivering serious news about the business. I'm glad some of you know your jobs are safe - have some respect for the rest of us.
  • Got moved onto a different project at work, one with really fast time lines. What a way to add more stress to an already stressful situation.
  • Christmas is TWO WEEKS AWAY. Did you hear me?? TWO WEEKS. We started the inside decorations last night, but I have not started the baking yet. Oy. Baking is probably one of the things I enjoy most about the Christmas season. Hope to be feeling well enough to get a big start on it this weekend. Tree? Yeah, that has to happen this weekend too. Oh, and we still don't have firm plans for Christmas, so that's kinda stressful, too, especially because of having to coordinate/deal with the outlaws. Christmas cards need to get done, as well.... which reminds me - here it is the 10th of December, and we haven't gotten a single card yet. I wonder if everyone else is feeling rushed and stressed this Christmas?
  • I've probably forgotten some things, so here's an extra couple of bullet points for the forgotten side dishes on my full plate.
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...

It's times like this that taking a look at the to-do list brings about heart palpitations. It's very easy for me to get overwhelmed by everything that's on my mind and on my plate. So, don't expect to see much here on the blog. If you want to catch up with me, find me on Facebook. Short sentences seem to be all I am capable of these days. I can't wait for December 19... it's my last day of work until January 5. Very thankful to have enough vacation time to do that, because I seriously need a re-charge.

4 comments:

Joy of Frugal Living said...

Dear Laurel,

Praying for some good health, good rest, and a good job outlook for you. That's a lot of stuff to deal with at one time. I hope you are able to find the time to enjoy the holidays too.

Blessings,
Jennifer

Marlene said...

Hang in there, Laurel. Seems a lot of people are facing uncertainty in their jobs. Sad times. Hope you're feeling better soon, too. PM me your address, and I'll send you a Christmas card. ;)

Rollie said...

Hey Laurel...deep deep breathes my friend!
I know we have talked in person and I know that you are not a girl without a plan. Sometimes we get steered in directions, sometimes we just get driven there. But believe that wish ever path you are taken on, it will be the one you are suppose to be on.
Hope you feel better soon. I hope to see you next Saturday!

Melb. said...

As far as the "to do" list...What is the worst thing that can happen if it doesn't get done? Chill out and take one day at a time. Love ya!