So why are you being subjected to Political Post #2? (Or as Shawn put it, "Geeze, you're even more into this whole politics thing than I am!)
- Because this is the first time I've felt like I've had a horse in the political race. Any race - presidential or otherwise. I feel *represented* - guess what? That was a premise our government was based upon. A premise that, unfortunately, has fallen by the wayside - sacrificed to lobbyists and political action committees and the almighty dollar.
- Because the more I watch the Democrats absolutely *struggle* to dig up dirt about Palin, the more turned off I get at their desperate actions and rampant double standards. Don't know what I'm referring to? I can list several, but I won't - that could be a blog post in and of itself.
- The aforementioned desperate actions and rampant double standards? Yeah, the fact that the media is *ripe* with them also has my knickers in a wad. If the media leaned any more to the left, it would FALL OVER.
- Because for once, for one tiny moment of the past 8 years, I am not ashamed to admit that I am a Republican. Not screaming it from the rooftops, but certainly not cowering away from political discussions.
- Because for once, when I hear a politician use the buzzword "change", I think she really means it. I have confidence that McCain and Palin can (and will!) kick ass and take names in Washington. Hell, if she listed the previous governor's plane on eBay - she's got the balls to take on Washington!
- Because I am bitter. More specifically, I am a bitter Pennsylvanian - one of those people Barack Obama is so completely out of touch with.
- Because I am PROUD to cling to my religion, my God and my guns! And guess what - those were rights guaranteed to us by our forefathers, as well. Hmm, seems like the Democrats are all too easily forgetting what this country was forged on. You know what they say - if you forget the past, you are doomed to repeat it. Frankly, this country could do with a little more of these founding values.
That's why I shared my excitement about Sarah Palin's choice to be McCain's running mate.
That's why I've added a "McCain - Palin" icon to the left.
That's why you'll be hearing more of these things from me in the days and weeks to come. No, this blog isn't going to turn into a political blog. It's going to continue being a place for me to write about what's on my mind - it just so happens that politics are on my mind right now.
(PS - You'll also be hearing more of this because I work with a bunch of Democrats, except for Melanie, and because Shawn is going to be sick and tired of hearing me rant!) :)