Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today's CVS Deals

I ventured out to CVS this evening. There weren't a whole lot of things that grabbed my attention from the weekly ad, but I had a bunch of Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) that expire next week. I took a peak at next week's ad, thanks to hotcouponworld.com, and decided that there wasn't much to offer there either. So, I decided to use my ECBs tonight to get some treats and such for SAVE.

In this picture, you will find ...
  • 4 bags of CVS Gold Emblem candy, regularly 99 cents each, on sale for 88 cents each = $3.52
  • 2 bags of True North nuts, regularly $3.49 each, on sale 2/$5, with 2 coupons for $1 each = $3.00
  • 1 small box of Oreos and 1 small box of Fig Newtons, regularly $1.89 each, on sale 5/$5, with a coupon for 75 cents off 2 = $1.25
  • 3 boxes of Puffs tissues, regularly $2.19, on sale for 88 cents each, with a coupon for $1 off 3 = $1.64
  • 3 bottles of Caress body wash, regularly $5.29 each, on sale for $2.99 each, with 3 coupons for $1 each = $5.97
  • 4 Oral-B toothbrushes, regularly $2.99, on sale for $1.99 each, with 2 coupons for $1 off 2 = $5.96 AND I earned $1 ECB for each brush
  • 1 8 bar package of Lever 2000 soap, regularly $7.49, on sale for $5.99, with a coupon for $1 = $4.99
  • 2 40-ct canisters of Wet Ones wipes, regularly $2.99, on sale BIGI, with 2 peelie coupons for 75 cents each = $1.49
  • 1 20-ct box of Band Aid Ultras, regularly $4.49 with $1 coupon = $3.49 (no sale)
  • 1 Neosporin-to-Go package, regularly $6.49 with $1 coupon = $5.49 (no sale)
  • AND I made $5 ECB on the Band Aids and Neo-to-Go
  • 4 greeting cards, total = $9.16 (no sale)
  • 1 fingernail clipper = $1.69 (no sale)

The grand total of all that: $51.18 with $9 ECB earned back.

To pay for that, I used a total of $33.99 in ECB.

Total OOP (out of pocket) = $13.66 ..... some how, my math shown above isn't adding up correctly, but this $13.66 is what I actually paid, regardless of how this math works. And, I have $9 to restock my ECBs. I was quite pleased with myself - $80+ of merchandise, and I paid $13.

As for Shawn, he doesn't get quite as excited as I do about all of this, but he did say that he doesn't care where I get things or how, as long as we're maintaining our current standard of living (his words, not mine). He did mention something about putting the difference into savings, but really I'm just in this to get as much as I can for as few $$ as possible. Well, that, and the thrill of the hunt. It's really a great feeling to get stuff for cheap (or free). Makes me feel like I'm being a good manager of my home and my resources if I can get deals like this.

Ahh, it's good to get a deal!!

PS - 3 more sleeps!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

you make me so proud!! I understand Shawn's thought, but in my case, I wouldn't buy the things if they weren't on sale, I couldn't afford them!! So, there really isn't money to save after! :-)

MelB. said...

Good job! Doesn't Shawn realize that when you save $$ like that, you don't put the diff in savings, it means you can buy more stuff...like scrappin' stuff..hahahahahaha

He sounds like my DH!

Marlene said...

If everyone shopped like you.....CVS would go out of business!! Ha ha!!!

Seriously, great savings to be had there.