Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's been a while ...

Guess it's a good thing I never promised to do this blogging thing with any regularity.

Let's see what you've missed...

Went to the Poconos this past weekend and the weekend before that. That first weekend, we planted some more things in the flower beds and went out to dinner for my birthday (a week and a half early). Shawn took this picture of me before we went to the restaurant.



The second weekend, Memorial Day weekend, we relaxed a lot after spending Saturday as a "work day" - AKA, mowing day. On Sunday we went to the Delware Water Gap National Recreation Area and explored Ceorge Childs Park. There are several waterfalls there, each more wonderous than the last.


Today's my actual birthday, and I decided to take the day off work to relax and enjoy it. It worked out nicely because Shawn left yesterday for a work trip to the Poconos. It's always nice to get some "me time", but it's also nice to spend time with friends - which is what I did for lunch. I met up with Rollie, got in some shopping at The Corner Store, and then she treated me to lunch for my birthday. Thanks girl! I enjoyed it. Shawn will be back in a couple hours, and I'm looking forward to giving him a layout I made for him today using some of my purchases from The Corner Store.


Other than that, nothing else is too new or exciting. I am battling a sinus infection (blech!), so I went to the doctor yesterday to get some drugs. Hope to be feeling better soon - I can't wait until this yellow junk stops coming out of my nose!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to write more often. I miss it when I can't do it, but sometimes I can't always find something interesting to say (imagine that - in real life, sometimes you can't get me to shut up!) or I forget the things that I wanted to mention here. Oh well - such is life.

Enjoy the rest of the week - Friday can't get here fast enough!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great picture by the tree!!! Love that top!! Red is my favorite power color!

I hope you had a happy birthday (although somewhat late here, but I saw you before!!)