Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's been too long!

Wow - I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last post! See, I told ya this wouldn't be a daily thing ;) Let's see... here are the highlights:


- Got my new 'puter last week. Love it, although Vista and Office 2007 both have learning curves. Still on a quest for a laptop bag, but money's tight at the moment so I'm making due without.


- Got a few hours of scrapping time in last Saturday with my friend M. I was FINALLY able to finish a project I started all the way back in November. It was supposed to be a Christmas present - OOPS!!


- The weather is warming up finally. Don't get me wrong - I don't like the heat and humidity of summer. But I do enjoy spring days with temps in the 70's. We might hit 80 on Friday, and that's about as far as it needs to go in my opinion.


And what are highlights without a few low lights?


- That above comment about no laptop bag because money's tight? Yeah, money being tight is a low light.


- Having a bit of a craptastic week at work. Had a little incident involving a crazy exotherm and flying latex, so the aftermath of restocking my hood and dealing with the bureaucracy of processing the incident have me in a funk.


- Have a paper due next Friday, April 25th. Just found out the due date on Monday. Just started it on Sunday. Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this ... why I'm putting myself through SO MUCH STRESS. Hope it's worth it in the end.


- Encountered more miserable people today and yesterday, just in the day-to-day living of life. People who are absolute slobs at WaWa. People who cut me off in parking lots and on the roads. People without a filter, who don't realize what they are saying or how they sound when they are saying it. People like these always put me in a funk. Make me want to go far away and hide for a while.


So that's it in a nutshell. I'll probably be in hibernation the next few days while I try to finish that paper. Hopefully you'll hear more from me in the coming weeks. Until then, enjoy the wonderful weather!

No comments: