Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Introductions

It's been a while since I had a post with pictures, so I decided it was time to fix that. And I figured that while I was at it, I'd introduce you to my babies. No, not my *real* babies - my FURbabies!

Seniority rules. This is Pippo, the matriarch of the house. She will be 13 this summer. We've had her the longest - I adopted her in December of 2002, shortly after moving down here and getting my own place. She's a shy thing, and really doesn't like how rambunctious the others are. Which unfortunately sent her to the vet two weeks ago, because someone bit her ear. She also has a slight case of the arthur-itis, so every night we give her a pet supplement of glucosamine. Her favorite hangouts are her soft window perch and the underside of the dining room table.
Next, we have Katie. She is 4 and a half. Oh, she might *look* all sweet and innocent, but that's not the truth. The truth is that she has taken an EXTREMELY long time to warm up to us. We adopted her as a kitten from a co-worker of mine back in 2003 as a Christmas present for my mom. When mom passed away last year, we inherited the cat. The cat never did like us, and hid from us everytime we visited my mom, so you can imagine *that* was a fun experience. It took her from May until December before she would come downstairs when we were awake and around. It's only been in the past 2 months or so that she has stopped spitting and hissing at Shawn every time she sees him. And now her favorite activity of choice is picking fights with Pippo, trying to establish who is the Queen.
Lastly we have Aragorn. Yep, the character from Lord of the Rings. He's the only cat we have that is not a mutt. He's a Chartreux, and we got him from a co-worker of mine after our cat, Bear, passed away. He is just over 2 years old. He is such a sweet cat, with lots of facial expressions and TONS of personality, and he's a total Daddy's boy. I am clearly *not* his favorite person - I'm second best. He loves to sit on your shoulder - yep, like a parrot. He's also part dog - he plays fetch, comes when he's called, and greets his people at the door. He's a lover not a fighter, but the problem is that he is twice as big as the other two and very strong, so his version of play tends to be a bit too rough for the other two. His current obsession is the pair of cardinals who are nesting in a tree outside our house.
So those are our "kids". Just like real kids - they are cute and cuddly at times, and at other times I'd like to offer them to the highest bidder! (Those would be the times when I'm cleaning up hairballs and breaking up yet another cat fight.....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though a doggy person...Aragorn is my Favorite!
MelB